- Category: Travel
- Published Date
- Written by Ajay
- Hits: 201464
There are many people who keep searching for Indian Railways PNR Status Enquiry for their tickets and also keep looking for toll free numbers where they can get passenger information, train information and other details related to their travel by phone or sending SMS or by website.
There are various ways to get Indian Railways PNR status:
- Indian Railways department has phone number for Enquiry, which is a completely free service and works all over India including small villages and towns. You just need to call ‘139′ from your BSNL landlines, MTNL landlines, Dolphin, Garuda, Idea, Spice Telecom and Vodaphone telecom operator enabled phones and get access to SMS, call back and fax facility.
For Delhi and Mumbai residents another advantage is that you can just dial 139xxxxxxxxxx [10 digit ticket PNR number] and 139xxxx[4 digit train number] and get the train ticket PNR and train status instantly.
- Indian railway Ticket PNR status can be fetched by sending SMS:
"PNR <Yr 10 digit PNR number>" to 5888 or 57886 or 5676747
- 139 passenger information system on SMS, This is new service started by Indian Railways where one can send SMS to 139 to get any information regarding railways (like fare, accomodation, PNR Status, etc...), this SMS service comes at a premium of Rs. 3 per message. Following are few types of serivces:
- Fetch PNR Status: Type PNR (give space) (type PNR number) and SMS to 139.
- Train Schedule: station code or station name along with his train number and SMS to 139
- The status can be checked from official website of Indian Railways. Just put 10 digit PNR no into text field and click on Get PNR status button.
- You can also check Indian Railways PNR Status Enquiry on Rediff website which is pretty fast also.
- Last but not the least, you may also use Cleartrip for all types of services which makes searching and booking trains online easier.
For more details on Indian Railways PNR status enquiry please visit official Indian Railways website.
Note: Online PNR Status Enquiry Service for Indian Railways is available from 0400 hrs IST to 2330 hrs IST.