Symptoms of Swine flu
The basic symptoms of swine flu are like other regular flu which includes.
- Head ache
- Loss of appetite
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Throat irritation
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pneumonia (in cases of people with chronic condition).
Precautions Against Swine Flu
There are basically three methods for preventing the spread of influenza virus.
- Facility Management
- Herd Management
The major precautions which are recommended to protect against swine flu are as follows:
- Regular vaccination should be taken against seasonal flu.
- We should wash our hand frequently with anti bacterial soap.
- We should always try to cover our mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing.
- We should always try to avoid being near others who might be sick.
- Persons who are sick should be advised to stay back at home to avoid affecting others.
- We should try to get atleast 8 hours of good sleep every night.
- We should atleast drink 3-4 litres of water daily for properly maintaining the immune system.
- During times when infections are spreading randomly one should always try to avoid alcohols as it decreases immune capability of the body.
We should try to keep ourself fit by performing exercise regularly.
Always we should try to avoid crowed areas during such times as crowded spaces has the most chances for germ infections.