0.0/5 rating (0 votes)
- Ready in: 5 Mins
- Serves: 1
- Origin: Christmas Recipes
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1/2 t. orange extract
- 3 c. sifted flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- Soft Drinks
- Cream butter until very light.
- Add sugar gradually and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add orange juice and extract.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and powder.
- Add to creamed mixture bit by bit.
- When well mixed, cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour (or overnight) in the refrigerator.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut with cookie cutters.
- Brush lightly with water and add colored sprinkles if desired.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets or use baking parchment (easiest) and bake at 350 degrees F for about 13 minutes or until delicately brown.