- 1 Coconut
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Rice Flour
- 2 Table Spoons of Plain Flour (Maida)
- 1 Litre of Milk
- 10 Grams of Raisins
- 10 Grams of Cashew Nuts
- 1 Tea Spoon of Cardamom Powder
- Grate the coconut and then mix it with sugar and cardamom powder. Mix it well and keep it aside. You can use jaggery (Guur) instead of sugar for enhancing the taste.
- Heat a pan and then add rice flour to it. Stir for about 5 minutes. Then take it out in a bowl and add plain flour to it. Now add hot water to it and knead it well to make well mashed dough.
- Make small balls from the dough, then spread each of the balls with your hand and stuff the already made coconut mixture into it. Fold it carefully and seal the edges so that the filling doesn’t spill in order to give perfect shape to the 'Puli'.
- Heat a container and pour the milk in it. Boil the milk for some time till it is reduced into half. Add sugar and cardamom powder. Yet again you can use jaggery instead of sugar for obtaining a better taste. Then you must stir for a few minutes. Now add the ‘Puli’s to the milk ensuring that the fillings don’t spill out. Cover it and let it cook for about 15 minutes. Keep stirring it in between. Add raisins and cashew nuts. Take it out in a serving tray. Serve cold.