- (Cauliflower steamed with herbs and spices)
- 1 lb. cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tbspn nonfat plain yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Wash, drain, and cut cauliflower into 1 inch flowerets, including stem.
- Combine peas, chili powder, ginger, tomato, green chili, tumeric with the yogurt in A small bowl.
- Spray with pam, use nonstick pan.
- Put Cauliflower into pan then pour spices over the top.
- Cover pan tightly and cook over LOW heat for 10-15 minutes (Cauliflower will steam in the spicy mixture).
- Stir in half the cilantro leaves, increase heat to medium, and cook with lid off, for another 5-6 minutes, to drive off excess moisture.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with garam masala and reamaining cilantro.
- Make sure all liquid is driven off, serve with basmati rice.
- 2 oz. black cardamom pods, 1 oz piece of cinnamon stick, 1 oz. cloves,
- 2 oz. peppercorns
- Heat a heavy skillet, reduce heat, add pods and cinnamon.
- Move them around for two minutes.
- Add cloves and peppercorn, and shuffle for another minute.
- Turn off heat, but continue shuffling until the heat is out of the pan.
- Pour roasted spices into grinder and grind til you have a fine powder.
- If not fine, strain it, and discard what won\'t pass through strainer.