- Ready in: 15 Mins
- Serves: 3
- Complexity: easy
- Origin: Preparation
- 1 litre Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vinegar OR 1/2 tsp lemon juice OR citric acid
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- When it's boiling add lemon juice or vinegar or citric acid which ever you are using, while stirring.
- If citric acid is being used, dissolve it in 2-tbsp water before adding.
- When milk curdles full turn off the gas and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Pour it on to a cotton/muslin cloth and tie it with a tight knot.
- When all the water is drained from the paneer shape it into a rectangular block.
- Now place the cloth under heavy weight for 1/2 - 1 hour before using it.
- After it is made cut the paneer in desired shapes and sizes.
- Use direct in gravy or deep fry till golden brown