- 1/2 Cup cream or malai
- 1 Bunch methi leaves, chopped
- 1 Cup boiled green peas
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Ghee or butter
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Pinch asafoetida
- 1 Cardamom
- 1/2 Inch stick cinnamon
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp Cashew-nuts
- 1 tbsp Curds
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 1/2 Inch piece ginger
- Grind Cardamom, Inch stick cinnamon, Cloves all together
Grind Onion, Sugar, Cashewnuts, Curds, Green chillies, ginger to paste
How to make Methi Matar Malai:
- Take salted hot water.
- Immerse methi in this water for 5 minutes.
- Wash properly under running water.
- Remove excess water with the help of a colander.
- Take a bowl and beat malai until it becomes smooth.
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Mix the paste properly and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add powdered spice and salt to taste.
- Add peas, methi leaves, malai and all other ingredients.
- Boil it until gravy thickens.
- Sprinkle a dash of flour to make gravy thick. Mix it well.
- Add small amount of milk, in case gravy is too thick.
- Malai Methi Matar is ready to serve.