Mat examination is organized to council the students’ merit to choose who is eligible for masters management and business administration. Mat examination is considered one of the highly ranked and prestigious competitive exams. The MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST is abbreviated as ‘MAT’. This exam is hosted by the organization comprising IMA(All India Management Association). It is organized according to the BRITISH system. Centre For Management Services (CMS) is a special branch of AIMA that is solely responsible for undertaking all management tests.CMS has taken the charge of organizing these tests since 1988 under the trademark of All India Management Testing Services (AIMATS).
Every year a huge bunch of engineers, students of honors, and other graduates apply for this exam but only a few are eligible as compared to the mass applied for it. Some specific eligibility criteria are:
- One must be a bachelor in engineering(B-Tech, B-Arch, B-Pharma, or B.E.) or bachelor in science, arts, or some other stream
- Special seats are reserved for physically challenged candidates.
- Students pursuing graduation can apply only in their last semester of graduation or after that.
- Students must complete their graduation from a well-recognized University.
SYLLABUS AND DURATION
This exam is organized four times annually. The duration of the exam is 150 minutes. The exam comprises five sections. But consideration can be done by the institutes on General Awareness.
|SUBJECT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40|
There are many competitive exams across the whole country, but going for a mat is most prosperous for a student because it broadens our views and skills which is most required in this competitive world. Mat increases our career opportunities and also increases our knowledge about the concurrent world. Speaking frankly suggests that MBA is a good source of huge income with less devotion. It helps us to emphasize advancing our careers. whether a student is a doctor, engineer, or editor but still he is a graduate with some limitations. On top of that graduation prepare us to leap a step forward toward the master of management. But MBA is preferred over other masters because of the following reasons:
- It changes, widens, and enhances our career
- Develops Technical skills and Business knowledge
- It helps us to become a leader in an emerging field
- Helps us to be self-reliant
So, going for MAT is better as it holds higher precedence over the other competitive exams.