In modern times social networking has created a revolution world wide.It has become a multibillion dollar industry within a very short period of time due to its immense popularity. Generally websites are commonly used for online social networking and this websites are known as social sites.There are millions of users on the internet who wants to meet other internet users for making friends,chatting,dating or to start a professional relationship.The working principles of these social networking sites are that they contains various communities on various topics like religion, politics, current affairs, sports, films. In order to access a social networking site one has to register to that particular site and after that the person can access the site and can begin to socialize by reading other members social pages,making friends or by making professional relationships.The social networking sites which doesnot focuses on a single particular interest are termed as “TRADITIONAL”social networking and they have open membership. In this types of websites one can create their own communities or network and invite their friends who have interest on such communities.
Advantages Of Social Networking:
- The first and foremost advantage of social networking is that it helps people to find their old friends or relatives who are unable contact or keep in touch with each other.
- As internet can be accessed almost from any where in the planet so it is a very diversified place.So people can make friendship with some other person of other foreign countries and could learn about their cultures and languages.
- Social networking is also much more cheaper than other means of communication for people to keep in touch with each other.
- Social networking creates a interconnection between friends and friend of friends.
Disadvantages Of Social Networking
Besides the benefits there are certain disadvantages regarding social networking which involves:
- DATA-THEFT due to failure of security of certain sites.
- Spread of virus through this sites.
- As the internet is a lawless world one should always be careful of strangers or unknown friends who could cause harm to other individuals.
- In case of social networking there is lack of anonymity as person has to put all his information like gender,age,location,e-mail id which can be accessed by people from all over the world.
List Of Popular Social Networking Sites:
Well when all said and done social networking is best left for just having fun