In modern times social networking has created a revolution worldwide. It has become a multibillion-dollar industry within a very short period of time due to its immense popularity. Generally, websites are commonly used for online social networking and these websites are known as social sites. There are millions of users on the internet who wants to meet other internet users for making friends, chatting, dating, or starting a professional relationship. The working principles of these social networking sites are that they contain various communities on various topics like religion, politics, current affairs, sports, and films. In order to access a social networking site one has to register to that particular site and after that, the person can access the site and can begin to socialize by reading other members’ social pages, making friends, or by making professional relationships. The social networking sites which do not focus on a single particular interest are termed “TRADITIONAL ”social networking and they have open membership. On these types of websites, one can create their own communities or network and invite their friends who have an interest in such communities.
Advantages Of Social Networking:
- The first and foremost advantage of social networking is that it helps people to find their old friends or relatives who are unable to contact or keep in touch with each other.
- As the internet can be accessed almost from anywhere on the planet so it is a very diversified place. So people can make friends with some other people from other foreign countries and could learn about their cultures and languages.
- Social networking is also much cheaper than other means of communication for people to keep in touch with each other.
- Social networking creates an interconnection between friends and friends of friends.
Disadvantages Of Social Networking
Besides the benefits, there are certain disadvantages regarding social networking which involves:
- DATA-THEFT due to failure of security of certain sites.
- Spread the virus through these sites.
- As the internet is a lawless world one should always be careful of strangers or unknown friends who could cause harm to other individuals.
- In the case of social networking, there is a lack of anonymity as a person has to put all his information like gender, age, location, and e-mail id which can be accessed by people from all over the world.
List Of Popular Social Networking Sites:
- Friend finder
Well when all said and done social networking is best left for just having fun