A laptop/notebook cooling pad, cooler or chill mat is an accessory for laptop computers that helps to decrease their working temperature. Generally used when the laptop’s fan device is not able to adequately cool the laptop, a cooling pad might house active or passive cooling methods and rests below the laptop. Active coolers move liquid or air to direct heat away from the laptop rapidly, while passive methods might rely on thermally conductive materials or mounting passive airflow.
Although several cooler pads do support usage of power adapters, they usually work on power drawn through one of the notebook’s USB ports. Many cooler pads hence compensate with a built-in USB hub. A number of these “powered” coolers are planned to draw heat from the bottom of the computer; others work in the reverse way by blowing cold air towards the machine. The fan speed is adjusted either manually or automatically on select models and on others stays at a constant speed.
Cooling pad of laptop has the following advantages:
- This product has applied a type of macromolecule cool-storing material, which can automatically form ice crystal at a temperature below 25 degrees so as to accumulate a large quantity of cool energy. Under a high temperature, when a computer is positioned on it, it can suck up a large amount of heat energy.
- Very easy to use, no requirement of power! When people are using a laptop, just place this pad under the laptop, there is crystal ingredients well packed within the pad, the endothermic reaction when crystal converted to liquid can suck up heat from laptop. It can by itself return back to crystal form below 25 degree centigrade temperature, in short infinitely reusable.
- This product is a perfect choice for advertising presents or gifts. A few days back, news flashed on web and popular newspapers which indicates use of laptops might cause men dis-procreate. Research indicates that heat notebook dissipated has the capability of turning guys barren.
Laptop cooling pad (mat) has the following disadvantages:
- Local brands keep crashing due to heat related issues
- Laptops that are water cooled are quite cheaper but they might be very dangerous in case there is any leakage
- Cooling pads suck air away from the bottom of the laptop. Thus it’s really useful if one is sitting while using the laptop so that it doesn’t heat up your lap and block the bottom-fans