- 1 cup Almonds (Badam)
- 4-6 cups Milk
- Sugar same amount as almond paste (about 1 cup)
- Saffron 1/2 t.spoon
- Kesari powder (color) a small pinch (optional)
- Soak saffron in little cold milk, and keep it aside.
- Soak almonds in hot water for 1 hour.
- Peel skin and grind the almond into a fine paste with 1 cup of milk instead of water.
- Measure the amount of almond paste, and keep the same amount of sugar aside.
- Cook the almond paste for 5-10 while stirring it constantly, till the flavour comes out.
- Now add sugar and keep stirring.
- Add the remaining milk, and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the soaked saffron and serve it cold.