Ingredients for Curry:1 cup Sour Curd (yogurt)1/4 cup Gram flour 2 – 3 Dry red chili whole1 tsp Turmeric powder. A pinch Asafetida 1 tsp of mustard seeds1 tsp Fenugreek seeds.2 tbsp Oil. Salt As per taste
- Ingredients for Pakora:
- 1 cup Gram flour
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped potato
- 1 tsp Ajwain.
- 1 tsp Red chili powder.
- 1 tsp Chopped ginger.
- 1 – 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder.
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt As per taste
- Mix all pakora ingredients except oil and add about ½ cup of water approx. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai and deep fry vegetable and gram flour mixture after making into small balls. Fry till pakoras are golden brown.
- Beat Curd/Yogurt and mix gram flour in it. Blend thoroughly so as to ensure that there are no lumps. Add turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai. Add fenugreek seeds ,mustard seeds and dry red chili. Stir fry for half minute. Add Gram flour and Yogurt mixture. Bring it to a boil and simmer on a slow fire for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add red chili powder and fried pakoras and again simmer the kadi for about 5 minutes or the oil leaves the kadai.Kadi is ready when the pakoras turn soft.
- Serve kadhi hot with steamed rice.